To build the Republican Party in northeast Queens based on shared principles and values that bind Republicans together and with the larger community. To recruit and support good candidates for public and party office, and to build the Party organization to enable those candidates to be successful. Finally, to make sure that the voters know what we and our candidates stand for, presenting them with an agenda to vote for that resonates throughout the community, and make sure to get our Whigs to the polls.
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
While we do understand that governing majorities come from building strong coalitions under a broad tent, we as a Club support and will promote basic Republican values and principles, including:
- America is the greatest country in the history of the world.
- The three pillars of our system – Individual Rights, Free-Markets and the Rule of Law – have made for an imperfect system of governance but yet the best system ever attempted by man.
- The Constitution is just as relevant and forward-looking as it was when the country was founded.
Government should be limited in its power, small and responsive to the needs of the governed, and the people elected to run it should serve the people, not the other way around.
- The family and then the community are the most valuable building blocks of any free society and must be defended and protected.
- An independent middle class must be preserved as the foundation of our republic, and the government should act to protect the interests of American workers through favorable trade and regulatory policy. We oppose efforts to harm the middle class with burdensome taxes, trade, and housing policy.
- Government should tax responsibly and as little as possible and only to deliver the basic services that are required to sustain the community.
Government programs should always be designed to empower individuals, so they can achieve the self-sufficiency required for maximum self-worth.
- Education should put the needs of the children first and foremost, and parents should be empowered to choose the best education for their child.
- The rule of law must reign supreme in a democratic society and anyone violating the law must be held properly accountable for their actions.
- Our law enforcement professionals are the guardians of the rule of law and must be supported with proper funding and training to ensure they are able to perform their duties in the most professional way possible.
- We stand against “social justice” dogma, progressive intersectionality, and censorship in all its forms.